Monday, December 4, 2017

Suicide at Eastham Unit

 PAPS received this message from Malik Johnson regarding the suicide of his "next door neighbor" in Texas Department of Criminal Justice's Eastham Unit located in Lovelady, Texas.  We are asking for everyone to send a card and or letter to Malik to let him know our sympathy is with him during this difficult time.  We will post more information as it becomes available.
 
Greetings Everyone! I’m very sad to report that my next door neighbor Benjamin Larue AKA “Ben” committed suicide last night here at Eastham. Ben was a very young white male 24 or 25 years old. He only had a 3 year sentence!! And now he is gone. Needless to say, I am very upset because I saw the signs of depression and I failed to Act. He just had a visit yesterday!! I thought he was OK. I was wrong.
The officer on duty was not doing his security checks! I will be writing a detailed essay about this death. These people neglected Ben. They knew he was troubled (mentally ill). They ignored him!! No matter what T.D.C.J. says Ad-seg is still as form of solitary confinement and it is no place for anyone but especially for those who have been diagnosed with mental illness!!
Eastham Ad-seg unit is a Torture & Abuse camp! Although I may sound upset, I am strong and my resolve to expose and fight against abuse & injustice is strengthened.
His name was Benjamin LaRue and his life mattered!!

In Solidarity
Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment